The benefits of going solar are:
- By installing a solar energy system, you save on your electricity bills; up to 100% savings are possible. During the day, you power your premises using solar energy, which lowers your dependency on your utility company, and if you produce more than you consume, you can sell the excess energy back to your utility company via Net Metering (NEM) which may be used to offset part of electricity bill (http://seda.gov.my/ )
- Installing solar panels increases your property value. Studies have shown that properties with solar panels are valued and sold at a price higher than other comparable properties in its general vicinity.
- Solar energy is a form of clean, renewable energy like wind, which significantly helps lessen your carbon footprint on the environment. Unlike traditional electricity, it does not pollute the atmosphere with harmful greenhouse gas emissions, which are sourced from fossil fuels such as coal, natural gas & diesel. They emit harmful gases causing air pollution and global climate change.
- Since solar energy is renewable energy, it requires little to no maintenance. Once you have installed them, there is no need for regular maintenance checks. It allows you to generate solar power for a lifetime without depending on your utility company and deal with the constantly rising electricity rates. Your future generation may also benefit from it.
- Companies undertaking generation of renewable energy and energy efficiency activities are eligible for special tax incentives; Investment Tax Allowance (ITA) (http://www.seda.gov.my ) (http://www.mida.gov.my/home/tax-incentives-for-green-industry/posts/)
- Home owners in Petaling Jaya can enjoy Assessment Tax Rebates for adapting to eco living and sustainable lifestyle (http://eps.mbpj.gov.my/web2016/RebatCukai2016English.pdf)