About the Role
At SOLS Energy, we are always looking to strengthen our organization by adding the best available talent to our staff. We’re seeking an Operations Manager to manage our operational and administrative processes, licensing and approvals, support internal departments with their operational needs, and run the overall day-to-day management of the operations & admin department. You will lead a team of executives and report directly to our Director of Operations.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, 3-5 years experience in operations and administrative work. This role requires a candidate with good interpersonal skills as you will communicate with internal departments and staff as well as external parties and authorities, such as TNB, SEDA, MIDA and ST.
- Collaborate with senior management to develop and execute operational strategies aligned with our company's vision and objectives
- Manage a team of operations staff, including project managers, technicians, and support personnel, promoting a culture of excellence, safety, and sustainability.
- Implement and maintain rigorous quality control processes to ensure solar installations meet or exceed industry standards and customer expectations.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets, tracking expenses and finding opportunities to reduce costs without compromising quality.
- Stay updated on industry regulations, permits, and certifications, and ensure that the company remains compliant with relevant codes and standards.
- Utilize data analysis and key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify trends, areas for improvement, and data-driven decision-making.
- Foster clear and effective communication within the operations department and cross-functionally with other teams.
- Monitor the execution of document verification and application processes, in line with the company and regulatory requirements;
- Develop, review and enhance administrative systems, policies and procedures;
- Deal with vendors and contractors for maintenance and emergency requests (e.g. plumber, printing services, handyman, delivery);
- Responsible for renewal and registration of licenses of SOLS Energy;
- Manage the maintenance and upkeep of office premises and facility equipment (e.g. cleaning schedule, stationary)
- Effectively allocate human and material resources to maximize operational efficiency and support growth while minimizing waste.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of solar energy regulations, best practices, and industry trends.
- Results-driven and committed to achieving operational excellence while supporting sustainability goals.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team with limited direct supervision and effective task management.
- Ability to communicate issues clearly and concisely to the management team.
- Continued professional development to stay current with changing technology.
- Eye for detail and identifying problems.
- Good time management skills
- Working knowledge of Google Suite or similar office software as work tools.
- Strong proficiency in (oral and written) English and Bahasa Malaysia is essential.
- Familiarity in dealing with government agencies is an advantage.
- Affinity with the mission and values of SOLS Energy.
What's in it for me?
- Career progress potential in an ever evolving hyper-growth startup.
- Working in an agile driven environment with individuals from all walks of life.
- Being a part of a #madetoimpact organization and knowing that every aspect of work you do helps to support the B40 communities across Malaysia.
About our Company
SOLS Energy is a #madetoimpact organization. We believe in creating a sustainable future with the power of the sun at our backs. We are a leading solar energy provider in Malaysia on a mission to equip homes with the latest in solar technology helping people save money while saving the planet. We are a Petronas backed venture which has grown considerably over the past 3 years and are now charting the next stage of our growth. SOLS Energy also runs the first Solar Academy in Malaysia that offers technical skills in the solar industry and personal development training programs to local youth.