Procurement & Logistics Senior Manager
About the Role
The Procurement Manager will help ensure that we get the best solar products at the lowest prices with on-time delivery - locally and internationally, liaise with the warehouse team on delivery and storage spaces, including all equipment and goods, is well organized and safely stored and secured, as well as the inventory management is well kept and updated at all times. The job also includes dealing with customs clearance processes through an agent for international shipments and coordinating the logistical arrangements of stock movement for the solar installations to our clients.
- Planning and implementing overall procurement prospects, managing procurement schedules and oversees the procurement department activities.
- Participate in sourcing through price negotiation, supplier selection and evaluation to deliver quality standards and on time delivery.
- Coordinate logistics operation, including customs clearances, deliveries to warehouse and sites, receiving, processing of orders and invoicing in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers.
- Work closely with suppliers on long term cost reduction programs, pricing, payment terms.
- Assist in daily purchasing operation, price negotiation, sourcing, issue purchase orders & delivery orders.
- Assist with ad-hoc duties as required.
- Liaise with the Warehouse team to ensure enough supply to pack equipment and goods for scheduled installations at least 1 month prior.
- Ensuring accurate and timely reports on inventory of warehouse items.
- Coordinate with suppliers and internal department to ensure timely delivery of products to site and meet the project schedule.
- Choose the right mode of transport vehicles and other timely delivery of goods to be shipped.
- Coordinate and arrange vehicles to transport equipment from warehouse to site.
- Knowledge and work experience of shipping arrangement and documents.
- Track product delivery and logistics information to ensure on-time arrival.
- Assist with ad-hoc duties as required.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Degree in accounting, business management or a similar field.
- More than 2 years of experience with procurement & logistics or in a similar position.
- Experience in construction, engineering, or similar fields.
- Existing relationships with local and international suppliers.
- Familiar with customs clearance processes and documentation.
- Proficient in English & Mandarin & Bahasa Malaysia.
- Must have the ability to report remotely to work on a regular and punctual basis, despite working in flexible schedule;
- Must possess own transport;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Attention to detail and organization;
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills;
- Ability to multitask effectively, managing multiple projects to meet deadlines and priorities;
- Ability to manage third-party suppliers, partners, and vendors.
What's in it for me?
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Working in an agile-driven environment with individuals from all walks of life
- Being a part of a #madetoimpact organization and knowing that every aspect of work you do helps to support the B40 communities across Malaysia.
- Career growth potential in an ever-evolving startup.
- Be part of the strategic decision-making process in guiding this startup to unlock the next level of growth.
About our Company
SOLS Energy is a #madetoimpact organization. We believe in creating a sustainable future with the power of the sun at our backs. We are a leading solar energy provider in Malaysia on a mission to equip homes with the latest in solar technology helping people save money while saving the planet. We are a Petronas backed venture which has grown considerably over the past 3 years and are now charting the next stage of our growth. SOLS Energy also runs the first Solar Academy in Malaysia that offers technical skills in the solar industry and personal development training programs to local youth.