SOLS Energy designs, distribute, install and maintain solar energy systems in Malaysia & South East Asia. We embody social and environmental responsibility to give back to underserved communities by bringing them free education and clean energy.
What do I get?
- Paid Internship
Develop job skills while getting paid.
On-job training for position-related tasks.
Get mentored by industry professionals.
What do I need?
- Students currently pursuing their Engineering Degree (e.g. Electrical, Electronic, Mechatronic, etc) or related fields.
- Certificate / Diploma in Engineering or related fields.
- Possess at least STPM/Diploma in Science (Physics) or Engineering or equivalent
- Required skill(s): Photovoltaics, Engineering, Solar, Teaching, Communication and Training, Good interpersonal skills, Proactive attitude, comfortable with communal living and respectable business knowledge, Able to perform in an interdisciplinary professional team, as well as working independently when appropriate;
- Required language: English
- Preferred language: Bahasa Malaysia
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- Knowledge in designs, installation, direct contact with solar equipment
- Conceptual understanding of solar photovoltaic technology and grid-tied solar PV systems
- Experience with environmental and safety requirements a plus
Necessary technical, functional or language skills
- Passionate in Engineering and willing to learn at high speeds
- Work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Passionate in community development and management in both individual and wide community intervention;
- Working knowledge and implementation of Google Suites, computers and current communication technology as work tools.
- Good oral and written skills which are essential for communication
- Excellent people and community skill;
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative and effective working relationship with others;
- Understanding of SOLS 24/7 values, principles and objectives and demonstrated the ability to put them into practice in the workplace;
- Proven ability in the areas of organization skills, conflict resolution, advocacy and group facilitation;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a multidisciplinary team;
What will I do?
- Assist Engineers and Installers for all tasks required
- Assist in proposal drawing, drawing for application, prediction reports
- Will help gather all critical project variables (solar, energy storage, financial, and development input)
- Will help to do research on design and developing new products, or they may work in testing, production, or maintenance
- Assist in preparation of installation
- Setting up inverter configuration and monitoring the inverter for clients