SOLS Energy designs, distribute, install and maintain solar energy systems in Malaysia & South East Asia. We embody social and environmental responsibility to give back to underserved communities by bringing them free education and clean energy.
What do I get?
- Paid Apprenticeship
Develop job skills and gain working experience while receiving a daily allowance.
On-the-job training to become a professional and skilled installer.
Get mentored by industry professionals.
Phase 1: Month 1 – Learn
- Focus is on learning the skills and steps required to execute a successful solar system installation. Training and mentoring will be given by professionals on-the-job.
- Assessment: to determine whether the apprentice has demonstrated the required skills and performance to advance to the next phase of the programme.
Phase 2: Month 2-3 – Develop & Refine Skills
- Focus is on continuous skill improvement while gaining more work experience and to become an independent installer that is able to perform tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Assessment: to determine whether the apprentice has demonstrated the required skills and performance to be employed as a full-time installer or wireman at the company.
What do I need?
- No qualifications required
- No work experience required
- Interest in wiring, engineering, and/or installation works.
- Students currently pursuing their Engineering Degree (e.g. Electrical, Electronic, Mechatronic, etc) or related fields are also welcome to apply.
- Required language: Bahasa Malaysia or English
Necessary technical, functional or language skills
- Passionate in Renewable Energy and willing to learn at high speeds;
- Work in a fast-paced environment and ensure completion of daily projects;
- Willing to learn and understand the usage of emails and other applications used in the daily operations;
- Able to write and speak in Bahasa Malaysia or English;
- Willing to learn and enhance people and community skill;
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative and effective working relationship with others;
- Understanding of SOLS Energy values, principles and objectives and demonstrated the ability to put them into practice in the workplace;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a multidisciplinary team.
What will I do?
- Understand what is Solar Energy and how it functions
- Study the mechanism of products by SOLS Energy Sdn. Bhd.
- Train and develop working skills, ethics, code of conduct and product knowledge
- Assist the Technical Team and Installers for all tasks required
- Learn to test, install and maintain condition and quality of Solar PV Panels
- Assist in preparation of installation
- On-Site training to assemble and install Solar PV Panels
- Learn warehouse stockings and inventory organisation
- Learning to configure the inverter with the WiFi and switch on the inverter
- Learn how to measure the roof for the installation of panels
- Learn how to prepare the different materials for the different kinds of roof.
- Prepare earthing wires in advance