The Human Resources Professional Placement will deal with all HR related matters, such as Visa and Immigration, employee and labour relations with our team members in the field, analysis and writing job descriptions or implementing new recruitment strategies.
What do I get?
On-job training for position-related tasks.
- Letter of Recommendation
Upon excellent performance.
Get mentored by industry professionals.
What do I need?
- Able to commit to a minimum of 6 months to gain full exposure;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Psychology or equivalent;
- High proficiency in English; Written and Verbal;
- Good communication and people skills.
Necessary technical, functional or language skills
- Must have the ability to report remotely to work on a regular and punctual basis, despite working a flexible schedule;
- Passionate in community development and management in both individual and wide community intervention;
- Working knowledge and implementation of Google Suites, computers and current communication technology as work tools.
- Strong proficiency in English essential (oral and written);
- Excellent people and community skill;
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative and effective working relationship with others;
- Understanding of SOLS 24/7 values, principles and objectives and demonstrated the ability to put them into practice in the workplace;
- Proven ability in the areas of organization skills, conflict resolution, advocacy and group facilitation;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a multidisciplinary team;
What will I do?
- Implementing the organisation’s recruiting strategy;
- Overseeing the hiring process, coordinating job posts, reviewing resumes,
- performing reference checks and conducting interviews.
Job Analysis (10%)
- Analyzing job duties;
- Writing job descriptions;
- Performing job evaluations;
- Processing all personnel action forms and ensuring proper approval;
- Ensuring the new hire sheet is completed and processed.
Employee and Labour Relations (40%)
- Assisting on-boarding and orientation;
- Ensuring well-being of employees;
- Managing complaints and crises.
Visa and Immigration (10%)
- Ensuring international applicants have their visa;
- Check documents provided by applicants;
- Explain visa procedures, rules and regulations;
- Ensuring timely visa application submission;
- Check and regularly update visa overview;
- Maintain records of visa and passport expiration date;
- Following up any information with the body of immigration.