We are on a mission to make green energy accessible to every home in Malaysia and we are looking for a Data Analyst to surface data-driven results and insights to drive the direction of the company. We believe that Malaysia’s journey to zero-carbon starts at home, and our goal is to convert residential energy usage to solar through innovative offerings. This role offers you a meaningful opportunity to shape the direction of the company in our goal to a zero carbon Malaysia.
As a Data Analyst you will provide operational and financial analysis to frame data driven decisions and implement dashboards and scorecards to track progress and performance. You will be working with cross-functional stakeholders to develop tools and analysis to support decision making.
The ideal candidate is highly quantitative, driven and curious. You should be passionate about the environment, have an eye for optimization, and a sales-oriented mentality. You should understand how to use one or more industry analytics and visualisation tools (e.g. Hubspot, Excel, Tableau).
What do I get?
- Salary Range
RM 4,000 – RM 6,000
- Job Advancement
An opportunity for growth – personally and professionally.
- Create Real Impact
Know that the work you do changes lives every single day.
- Work in the New Normal
Use technology to increase work productivity and effectiveness.
What do I need?
- Obtained a Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer sciences, Engineering, Science, Business Management, or Information Technology
- Minimum 1 year experience in data analytics
- Expertise with spreadsheet-based tools like Google Sheets.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred experience and knowledge
- Experience with Hubspot, Airtable, Tableau
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to turn data analysis into actionable insights for business improvement.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- Intellectually curious in pursuing business optimisation
- Excellent people and project management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships;
- Understanding of the values, principles and objectives of SOLS Energy and demonstrated ability to put them into practice in the workplace;
- Proven ability in the areas of organisation skills, conflict resolution, advocacy and group facilitation;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a multidisciplinary team.
What will I do?
- Build and maintain live data dashboards that accurately helps various departments answer business questions
- Proactively identify trends in metrics by diving deep into operational details of the business and provide recommendations for improvement
- Develops tools and to automate manual data processes
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Training end-users on new reports and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Developing ways to improve documentation and data-tracking
- Diving deep into data to understand current and future clients