Our mission is to serve, educate & empower the bottom 40% with education, personal development & employment support. Through various education, social empowerment programmes, an online education platform and apps targeted for the B40, SOLS 24/7 works unconditionally towards transforming underserved communities, enabling them to break the cycle of poverty and move towards middle-class society.
The Fundraising Officer will be responsible for developing and supporting local and international fundraising efforts for SOLS 24/7. The incumbent will play a key role in generating revenue streams for the Foundation by identifying and pursuing suitable grants and funding opportunities, supporting bid and proposal development, and strengthening relations with existing and future partners.
The Fundraising Officer will also collaborate closely with the Foundation project teams, the Marketing & Communications department, and the Education department to ensure success of fundraising initiatives.
What do I get?
- Salary Range
RM 2,500 - RM 4,000
- Job Advancement
An opportunity for growth - personally and professionally.
- Create Real Impact
Know that the work you do changes lives every single day.
- Work in the New Normal
Use technology to increase work productivity and effectiveness.
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Working in an agile driven environment with individuals from all walks of life
- Being a part of a #madetoimpact organization and knowing that every aspect of work you do helps to support the B40 communities across Malaysia.
- Career growth potential in an ever evolving startup.
What do I need?
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of 1 year prior professional experience
- Fluent in English (written, spoken)
- Proficiency in Bahasa Malaysia (written, spoken)
- Ability to organize and complete tasks by establishing priorities
- Capable of planning, coordinating workload while remaining aware of changes in partner requests and deadlines
- Able to establish, build and maintain effective working relationships with different teams to facilitate the provision of support
- Demonstrates openness to feedback, improvement, change and has the ability to manage complexities.
- Friendly, calm, open, honest communication style
- Dependable, reliable and responsible
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously, take initiative and be confident in proposing ideas to supervisors
- Well organised and detail-oriented
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the SOLS 24/7 cause, values, strategic direction and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of SOLS
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
What will I do?
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Assist Senior Manager to ensure project coordination and planning are proceeding as per the timeline
- Complete project impact measurement report data collection, data entry and beneficiary feedback responses in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare relevant stakeholder paperwork
- Be present at the project site for execution, monitoring, and coordination
- Assist Senior Manager in managing and coordinating volunteers (Corporate volunteers & Fundraisers).
- Research and keep track of funding opportunities, providing timely information to support the development of new bids
- Work with the Fundraising team to develop and coordinate specific project funding proposals and bids to potential donors
- Maintain complete and orderly records of donors and support regular donor correspondence
- Run systems needed to help fundraising work, including maintaining a funding contacts database
- Report on fundraising activities to the Managing Director on a weekly, fortnightly, and monthly basis
- Attend meetings, presentations and events as required.
- Increase public awareness on impact work by preparing social media content and materials for the MarComms team
- Assisting Senior Manager in managing existing WhatsApp group for Fundraising Volunteers
- Be the middle person between the crowdfunding platform provider and SOLS 24/7
- Ensuring Fundraising Volunteer data collection and management is updated on a weekly basis