We are hiring for a results-driven Account manager who is passionate about renewable energy to expand our Corporate Employee Programs with other corporations and drive participation using a strategic sales approach, actively seek out and engage new customer prospects within industrial, commercial and residential markets in Malaysia.
The incumbent will be responsible for maximizing our sales team potential, crafting sales/lead generation plans and justifying those plans to upper management. This role requires someone who is a good communicator, open-minded and team-spirited with a motivation to join a growing business and has the ability to close deals. Added value if you have an understanding and passion for the solar industry.
We also embody social and environmental responsibility to give back to underserved communities by bringing them free education and clean energy. SOLS Energy is a licensed and registered renewable energy specialist operating in Malaysia. We design, distribute, install and maintain solar energy systems for residential, commercial and industrial properties. We are a proud member of the South East Asia Renewable Energy People Assembly and an Impact Driven Enterprise Accredited by the Malaysian Global Innovation & Creativity Centre.
What do I get?
- Salary Range
RM 3,000 – 5,000
- Job Advancement
An opportunity for growth – personally and professionally.
- Create Real Impact
Know that the work you do changes lives every single day.
- Work in the New Normal
Use technology to increase work productivity and effectiveness.
What do I need?
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree/Post-Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent
- At least 2 years of proven sales records and experience in the related field is required for this position
- High proficiency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team with limited direct supervision and effective task management.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and concisely to the management team.
- Continued professional development to stay current with changing technology.
- Eye for detail and identifying problems
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative and effective working relationships with others;
- Understanding of SOLS 24/7 values, principles and objectives and demonstrated ability to put them into practice in the workplace;
- Proven ability in the areas of organization skills, conflict resolution, advocacy and group facilitation;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a multidisciplinary team;
What will I do?
Sales & Marketing
- Implementing marketing strategies with existing accounts to maximize participation of existing corporate employee programs
- Organizing marketing activities with existing accounts to drive numbers for program participation for on going programs
- Working with marcoms team to develop new marketing materials and marketing timeline with new/existing accounts
- Create and copywriting content materials for marketing campaigns with Corporate partners
- Developing marketing plans and strategies on employee participation in programs
- Working on variety of different marketing materials to drive lead sign up rate: Landing pages, posters, graphics, and proposals.
- Help to plan sales campaigns
- Create a sales pipeline
- Negotiate pricing with customers, and suppliers in some cases
- Increase sales of the business
- Carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to senior management/the board of directors
- Develop the business sales and marketing strategy.
- Event planning – Virtual roadshows, Q&A sessions.
- Managing existing/accounts as the main point of contact
- Driving participation with new/existing accounts to drive desired participation targets via marketing strategies
- Reporting to corporate partners on existing project progress and deliverables
- Building client relationships to create trust and constant engagement
- Identifying and reaching out to potential corporates to participate in Corporate Employee Programs
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets
- Seek out the appropriate contact in an organisation
- Generate leads and cold call prospective customers
- Meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone
- Foster and develop relationships with customers/clients
- Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- Work strategically – carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
- Draw up client contracts – depending on the size of the company, this task may be completed by someone else or agreements may not be as formal
- Have a good understanding of the businesses’ products or services and be able to advise others about them
- Ensure staff are on board throughout the organisation and understand the need for change and what is required of them
- Train members of your team, arranging external training where appropriate
- Discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department
- Liaise with the finance team, warehousing and logistics departments as appropriate
- Seek ways of improving the way the business operates
- Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate